Stormy's Voice

This blog is all about my writing career. How I got started, where I'm going, and how I'm trying to get there.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Getting It Together

Well, last week I sent out two press kits loaded with stuff to my agent in LA and my editor in New York. But, my editor hasn't received it yet. I hope it's not lost in the mail. She's received everything else I sent on the same day. Some of the black and white copies of my articles didn't print clearly enough, so my agent suggested I send the originals. I had extra copies of all of my magazine articles and book features except one. Black Issues Book Review! I only had one copy, but it's gotta go :( I'll just have to order a back issue. If you can get into BIBR that's really something! My book was #1 under Noteworthy Titles back in September. :) Hopefully when it's re-released (which is what my agent is pushing for) I'll actually get an interview.

I am so sleepy this morning. Since my supervisor asked me to come back to work in December, it's been really hard trying to concentrate on my writing career. I really needed the money since my savings was running low, so it was a blessing. I thought it would be a good way to get more promotional money, and money to start my non-profit writers organization, but you know what they say, the more money you make the more bills you have. Funny how that works. Now I've fallen back into that living from paycheck to paycheck mode. NOT GOOD! I'm trying to catch up on some things. This job is only temporary, so hopefully I'll have a book deal by the time it ends. I should definitely have some money saved up. We have more weeks in this month, so I'll at least have an extra paycheck to save. Come to think of it, some of these bookstores owe me some money. I think I'll go around and collect this week. :)

I asked my supervisor to change my hours so that I can get off earlier now. I just started this early shift coming in at 6:00 in the morning (have to wake up between 4:30 and 5:00) so it'll take some time to get used to. Yesterday I felt great! Not so tired after work like I usually am. But, I spent so much time getting more stuff together to send to my editor, 'till I didn't feel like writing later. I used to always write in the evenings with no problem, so I don't know why I can't get it together now. Well, I have been watching more TV lately. That's something I rarely do. I'm going to force myself to write today. I'm not gonna watch Oprah or all of American Idol. I've got to get my butt in gear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home