Stormy's Voice

This blog is all about my writing career. How I got started, where I'm going, and how I'm trying to get there.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Pen To Paper Literary Symposium

This year I was a presenter at the Pen To Paper Literary Symposium, and I must say I enjoyed it very much! Val and her crew are doing a great job. It was even better than last year's event. This year we even had entertainment; Poets, singers and a comedian. Gospel singer Tonya Baker was amazing! I presented two workshops: How To Get Your Books into Bookstores, and the other on Finding a Good Literary Agent. Val was gracious enough to book my room up on the Club level where we had our own lounge! The room was very nice and spacious. I had plenty of room to work. I also met Dan Poynter! You know he is the Self-Publishing guru... the KING in my opinion LOL! Our rooms were on the same floor. When I ran into him coming out of the lounge I was surprised. Dan is one of the nicest, most encouraging and inspiring people you can ever meet. Thanks to him, I am now getting paid to do more workshops! Now, I don't have to bothered with renting space and all that. Being the super woman that I am (that's what my husband calls me)I'm sure I can fit as many as I can in somehow.
So, be on the lookout for my next up and coming workshops. Once my Literary Source site is updated (Pam where you at? LOL!)I'll post my future dates. Until then... keep on reading and writing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home